Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Space Hulk : 3D terrain, the making of !

Star Destroyer Greebled in 1977
Hi! Today some words about how I make my SH 3D terrain. Since I play to Space Hulk, I always imaginated the walls around the tiles. This project is the way for me to share my vision of the Space Hulk corridors.

The general concept is the saturation of details. To achieved this I applied the greeble technic. A greeble is a fine detailing added to the surface of a larger object that makes it appear more complex, and therefore more visually interesting. Technic directly inherited by the Star Wars saga and his hightly detailled Starship hull.
5 foot Millenium F. Greebled or Kitbashed, as you wish!


I created this Space Hulk map to use it as the Heroquest board. A large board but partially used depending on the scenario/mission. To achieved this, I built some small modular sceneries to obstruct corridors or rooms.
This terrain is devided in small blocks with a width of 30cm. By this way these blocks are easily manipulable. Particulary useful during the greebling and the painting phase.


Some numbers to quantify the labor :) 170 hours of works during 8 weeks.
- Creating of the map : 8 hours
- Building the walls and the roofs : 37 hours
- Greebling : 50 hours
- Painting : 75 hours


Pictured Making of :
















Small modular sceneries to obstruct corridors or rooms and scenario sceneries
Greebles :
Booty Greebler!

Less then 1€ in discount Shop (Action shop)

Recycled pipes

Recycled parts from automobile industry

Recycled things from the office

The famous card calendar

PVC corners (a=10mm b=10mm c=1mm

I bought différents sizes : 6mm, 9mm and 16mm

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar